He Did...and He WILL

Well, as usual I'd love to promise that this will be a short post, but let's be honest - they rarely are. I'm a wordy girl, what can I say? Someone told me that it's for a reason and to just go with it, so you're welcome. :)


Anyway, this morning I was reading my bible and a passage really struck a chord within me. While this isn't an infrequent occurrence, I don't usually share. Today I felt compelled to.


"...We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead. And He did rescue us from mortal danger, and He will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us."
       - 1 Corinthians 1:8-10


Over that last several years, I've walked through some very difficult times. The pressure, stress, and pain seemed almost suffocating, and the light at the end of the tunnel seemed nonexistent. I'm just now realizing that big chunks of time from that period I was sort of floating through, because they're just now coming back to me. HOWEVER, God was ever present. All knowing. All powerful. And through it all I learned to rely on Him and Him alone.


Hard times - financial or relationship difficulties, depression, illness, whether your own or that of someone dear to you - well, they really suck. No mincing words there. They do. And it's okay if you feel overwhelmed, because they can be pretty overwhelming, and everyone feels that way. You're not alone.


You're. Not. Alone.


Today, if you're struggling through circumstances, or maybe facing some future uncertainties that are plaguing you with fear and you just don't feel like you can breathe or hold on much longer, you CAN. I promise. Hold on to Jesus. If you don't know Him, find someone who does. Talk to them, have them pray for you. God has rescued and will continue to rescue! He's the same yesterday, today, and forever and in Him you can find new life, strength, peace, hope, comfort, and confidence.


You don't have to do it all. Stop relying on yourself to solve everything or handle it all on your own, and rely on God. (And yes, I'm preaching to myself here, even now.)


Hopefully someone reads this and finds hope, and the peaceful reminder of Someone who loves them. Be blessed, and keep smiling at things to come, because through the storm comes an indescribable beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Giveaway Fun!!!

Introduction

Having it All Doesn't Look Like I Thought it Would...